There is some confusion regarding when games should be halted or canceled. Here is a bit of guidance. It is not comprehensive, but I hope it will help some:
- WCSC will cancel games for severe or extreme weather conditions.
- We have operated for a long time under the rule regarding lightning that we clear the field(s) when lightning is seen. The amount of time that the field should be cleared is 30 minutes from the time lightning is observed.
If you can hear thunder, you are close enough to the storm to be struck by lightning. Go to safe shelter immediately. The game must stop from time you hear thunder or see lightning plus 30 minutes before anyone is allowed back on the field. These rules are guidelines. The main point here is that everyone is responsible for the safety of the kids: officials, coaches, and parents. If you have questions, contact Joe Bares, Referee Coordinator, at 918-213-5525.
Be sure to check the date on any assignments you receive. We are starting to schedule two weeks in advance.
Remember, the fields are:
1. Through U10 games are at Robinwood Park,
2. U11 Competitive & U12 Rec are at Adams Lake,
3. Large fields are located at Oklahoma Wesleyan and the High School Practice field.